Our service area varies depending on the type of form you will file, and the filing instructions for that form. Applications and petitions to be filed here must be filed by mail unless the form instructions offer an e-filing option.
File your application/petition following the instructions for the application or petition. When you file, we will mail you a receipt within 30 days after we receive your case. Your receipt will describe how your case will be processed.
Here, on our website, you can monitor the status of your case and check the estimated processing time. You can also register to receive automatic updates about the status of your case via e-mail and/or text messages.
If you filed your case under our Premium Processing program, your Form I-797 receipt notice indicates how you can contact the service center directly.
If you believe that there is a problem with a case that you have filed, you have moved, or if you are in need of other services, please call our toll free customer service number, at 1-800-375-5283. Customer service can help you with a variety of services for a case that is pending or completed.
For more information, you can also visit our website
We normally process the cases in the order in which they are received. Because we want to be fair to our customers, we will only consider taking a case out of its normal order and processing it ahead of other cases if there is a genuine emergency. You may be able to request expedited handling of your case if you can demonstrate that you are or will be subject to one of the following, emergency situations:
• Severe financial loss to a company or individual
• A personal emergency situation.
• A Humanitarian situation.
• Your application was submitted by a nonprofit organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.
• Your application is relevant to a Department of Defense or National Interest Situation. In this case, the request for expedited processing must come from an official U.S. government entity and indicate that a delay will be detrimental to our government.
• USCIS made an error in processing your application.
• Your application represents some other compelling interest of the US government.
If you believe that your situation may meet one of the emergency situations above and you are ready to file your application or petition, file the case by express mail, include the request for expedited processing, and include the supporting documentation. The address for this purpose is:
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
This office profile was last updated at 11:13:46 03/02/2017