Important Information About Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
- Please note that for Form I-765 category (c)(8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing timeframes listed apply to an initial and renewal filings.
- Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 category (c)(33) filed with Form I-821D, requesting deferred action for childhood arrivals, does not begin until we decide on your request for deferred action.
- Please note that we do not begin adjudicating a Form I-765 filed with your Form I-914, Application for T Nonimmigrant Status and/or Form I-914, Supplement A: Application for Family Member of T-1 Recipient, until we make a final decision on your Form I-914 or Form I-914A. This includes employment authorization document (EAD) categories (a)(16) or (c)(25) filed with Form I-914 or I-914A.
Refer to the Check Case Processing Times webpage for Form I-914 processing times.
- Please note that we do not begin adjudicating a Form I-765 filed with your Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status and/or Form I-918, Supplement A, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of U-1 Recipient, until we:
- Determine your petition is bona fide and that you warrant a favorable exercise of discretion under the bona fide determination process;
- Grant deferred action because you were placed on the U nonimmigrant waiting list; or
- Approve your petition.
- This includes the following EAD categories:
- Refer to the Check Case Processing Times webpage for Form I-918 processing times.
- Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 categories (c14) and (c)(31) filed with a Form I-360 petition for an abused spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident does not begin until we make a final decision on your petition. Refer to the Check Case Processing Times webpage for Form I-360 processing times.