Important Information About Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
- Please note that for Form I-765 category (c)(8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing timeframes listed apply to an initial and renewal filings.
- Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 category (c)(33) filed with Form I-821D, requesting deferred action for childhood arrivals, does not begin until we make a decision on your request for deferred action.
- Please note that the adjudication of the following Form I-765 categories does not begin until your Form I-914, I-918 or I-918A application is waitlisted or approved.
- Refer to the Processing Times webpage for Form I-914 and I-918 processing times.
(a)(16) or (c)(25) filed with Form I-914
(a)(19) or (c)(14) filed with Form I-918
(a)(20) filed with Form I-918A
- Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 categories (c14) and (c)(31) filed with Form I-360, petition for an abused spouse or child of a USC or LPR, does not begin until we make a final decision on your petition. Refer to the Processing Times webpage for Form I-360 processing times.